When asked how natural honey taste, most people say "sweet"
Most people say honey tastes sweet because lots of commercial honey is blended, filtered and generally processed to look and taste in a particular 'commercial' way.
When it comes to unprocessed, raw honey, one should consider a few things as it can often be difficult to find the right words to describe raw honey.
Here are a few common types of honey which will aid you in associating a description with its right type.
1. Polyfloral honey: petals or flours, such as lavanda and rose.
2. Fruit honey: exotic or tropical fruits, or hints of dried fruits such as pineapple.
3. Warm honey: caramel, burnt sugar, creamy butter and a profound vanilla aroma.
4. Vegetable honey: fresh plants, vegetables, wet grass, hay and straw.
5. 'Fresh' honey: citric and herbs such as thyme and rosemary.
6. Woody honey: dark color and heavy in taste with hints of oak, pine, nut.
Enjoy and explore natural raw honey to identify more types and let us know of your findings.
See the honey we've got, polyfloral, acacia, cheese honey, or even gingerbread honey.
See all honey: honey - MyFooDen
See gingerbread with honey Hlebodar Honey Gingerbread | Zaporozhskie 400gm – MyFooDen